July 2, 2013

Dinner Day 2 - Braised Pork Tenderloin with Mushrooms

Braised Pork Tenderloin with Mushrooms - also roasted Broccoli and Steamed Green Beans
Tuesdays during the summer we have a local farmers market, and it's much easier for me to get to than the one on Saturday mornings. This evening I went and picked up some young broccoli, green beans and beets. I'm hoping to roast the beets with dinner tomorrow!
This was a super easy meal to put together. Virtually painless, too!
I seasoned the pork tenderloin with salt and pepper and placed it in a roasting dish along with the mushrooms. You will probably want to place the mushrooms on the bottom so they soak up the delicious juices as the pork cooks. Roasting dish went into a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes per pound of pork (about 50 minutes in my case). At the same time, I quickly chopped up the broccoli, tossed it in some olive oil and put it on a sheet pan in the oven with the pork. 4 cups of chopped broccoli cooked for about 40 minutes (you don't want to over cook the broccoli, so if your pork needs to cook longer, put the broccoli in later.)
I quickly cleaned and steamed the green beans on the side. Quick, easy, healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment